Water Main Repair Service in New Jersey
At BRUTE Contracting, we are working with local water companies in New Jersey to replace lead water service lines to ensure the provision of safe drinking water to residents. Lead service lines are pipes that connect individual properties to the water mains and can be a significant source of lead contamination in drinking water. If you received a letter in the mail that your property contains a lead service line, call our team now at (201) 581-3740 or fill out a contact form.
Water Main Repair Process
The NJ Lead Service Line Replacement Program is a specific initiative in the state of New Jersey aimed at replacing lead service lines to ensure the provision of safe drinking water to residents. New Jersey has been proactive in addressing the issue of lead in drinking water and has implemented several programs to address this concern. The NJ Lead Service Line Replacement Program includes the following key elements:
- Identification of lead service lines: The program involves identifying and mapping the locations of lead service lines throughout the state. This is done through collaborations with water utilities, municipalities, and property owners to gather information on the presence of lead pipes.
- Financial assistance: The program offers financial assistance to homeowners and water utilities to cover the costs associated with lead service line replacement. This may include grants, loans, or subsidies to help offset the expenses incurred by property owners and utilities.
- Prioritization and phased approach: The replacement efforts are prioritized based on factors such as the age of the infrastructure, the concentration of lead in the water, and the vulnerability of the population served. The program aims to address areas with the highest risk first, gradually expanding to cover the entire state.
- Collaboration and coordination: The NJ Lead Service Line Replacement Program involves close collaboration between various stakeholders, including water utilities, municipalities, state agencies, and community organizations. This coordination ensures efficient planning, implementation, and monitoring of the replacement efforts.
- Public awareness and education: The program emphasizes public awareness and education campaigns to inform residents about the risks associated with lead exposure and the importance of replacing lead service lines. These initiatives provide information on how to get involved, access financial assistance, and ensure safe drinking water.
Water Main Repair Resources
- New Jersey’s Lead Exposure Reduction: https://www.nj.gov/dep/lead/replacement.html
- Governor Phil Murphy signed law to replace all residential lead service lines: https://pub.njleg.state.nj.us/Bills/2020/PL21/183_.PDF
- NJ Drinking Water Watch: https://www9.state.nj.us/DEP_WaterWatch_public/
- Frequently Asked Questions on Lead Service Line Replacement Law Requirements: https://www.state.nj.us/dep/watersupply/pdf/lslr-faqs.pdf
- NJ Lead Water Pipes To Be Replaced by 2031: https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2021/07/22/all-nj-lead-water-pipes-to-be-replaced-in-next-decade-heres-how/8053991002/
- NJ Selected To Test New Program To Remove Lead Water Pipes: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/nj-selected-one-four-states-test-new-program-remove-lead-water-pipes-underserved